Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Free Arts NYC!
We’re recruiting mentors for our Creative Lab Program! Creative Lab offers teens an introduction to the creative industry, cultural institutions, artists and professional development. Volunteer mentors support our 9th – 12th graders who are interested in exploring the arts professionally or academically. Once a month, teens and mentors will participate in studios visits and skill building workshops and once a month mentors and teens can choose their own activity.
Currently, the program will operate in a hybrid model from October – December. Workshops will be virtual with the opportunity for in person meet ups. In January, we hope to resume all in person programming pending safety guidelines and protocols.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 3, 2021
Mentor Applicant Requirements:
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with teens (9th-12th graders)
- Interest in supporting career readiness skills
- Ability to support visual literacy skills
- Fine Arts background preferred
- 1-2 years of youth development experience or volunteering preferred
- Access to the internet and a computer
- Technologically proficient
- Available one Sunday per month for a two hour workshop
- Available to meet your teen in person for museum, studio, and gallery trips
Interested, but have some questions? Reach out to email@example.com.
Due to pre-cautions regarding Covid-19, we do not currently have any volunteer opportunities for the Free Arts Day Program. Please check back in late spring for more information.