Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Free Arts NYC!
Become an Portfolio Development Mentor
As a volunteer in the Portfolio Mentorship Program, you’ll have the opportunity to mold a young artist while developing your own skills as an artist and educator. During monthly sessions, you’ll guide your mentee through the technical and artistic process of creating a visual portfolio, practice interview and audition skills, while serving as a positive role model. By the end of the program, you will both have shared and strengthened your arts backgrounds and your mentee will have applied to an arts high school or college!
APPLICATION PRIORITY DEADLINE: March 15th, 2023
Portfolio Mentor Applicant Requirements:
- BFA, MFA, or working knowledge of foundational art skills
- Portfolio development experience/ own studio practice
- Minimum 1 year NYC residency
- Available on occasional weekends/ evenings
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 15, 2023
- Pairs will meet twice a month for 2-3 hours from May-January (1 FANYC-led group workshop, 1 one-on-one meeting) *PLEASE NOTE: The 2023 program is planned to be a hybrid model of in person and virtual*
- Approx. one additional hour each week communicating, creating lesson plans, and completing Free Arts NYC online evaluations or monthly phone calls.
- Attendance to H.S. Open Houses, Interviews & Auditions, Art Fairs where/when possible
Interested, but have some questions? Reach out to [email protected].