Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Free Arts NYC!
We’re recruiting mentors for our Portfolio Mentorship Program! As a volunteer in the Portfolio Mentorship Program, you’ll have the opportunity to mold a young artist while developing your own skills as an artist and educator. During monthly sessions, you’ll guide your mentee through the technical and artistic process of creating a visual portfolio, practice interview and audition skills, while serving as a positive role model. By the end of the program, you will both have shared and strengthened your arts backgrounds and your mentee will have applied to an arts high school or college!
APPLICATION PRIORITY DEADLINE: February 21, 2022
APPLICATION FINAL DEADLINE: March 1, 2022
Mentor Applicant Requirements:
- BFA, MFA, or working knowledge of foundational art skills
- Minimum 1 year NYC residence
- Portfolio development experience
- Pairs will meet twice a month for 2-3 hours from April–December *PLEASE NOTE: The 2022 program is planned to be a hybrid model of in person and virtual*
- Approx. one additional hour each week communicating, creating lesson plans, and completing Free Arts NYC online evaluations or monthly phone calls
- Attendance to H.S. Open Houses, Interviews & Auditions, where possible
Interested, but have some questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.